As of 5pm March 31st online camping bookings will no longer be taken. No gate sales. Please check out the range of Wanaka campsites here and book your site today to avoid disappointment.
Who can camp onsite at Wheels at Wanaka?
Our Exhibitor Only Campground is reserved exclusively for:
- vehicle exhibitors,
- tractor driver club members and
If you fall under one of these categories, you are welcome to bring your self-contained motorhome or caravan to our temporary campsite. Charges apply, see below.
Who can't camp onsite at Wheels at Wanaka?
Visitors and general public ticket buyers. While you're most welcome at the event, we recommend checking out https://www.lakewanaka.co.nz/plan-your-trip/accommodation/holiday-parks-and-camping/ for all the great camp site options around the region.
I'm planning on parking my motorhome on the roadside / in the visitor car park and staying in it for the weekend. is that okay?
- No sorry, freedom camping is not permitted within three parks, it is only permitted in designated areas outside of Wanaka township.
- It is illegal to freedom camp at three parks and you will incur a fine.
- Please book a spot at one of the great camp sites https://www.lakewanaka.co.nz/plan-your-trip/accommodation/holiday-parks-and-camping/
Is there onsite parking for day visitors in motorhomes?
Yes, there is a large vehicle parking zone in the visitor car park, accessible via Sir Tim Wallis drive. this public car park is free. please follow the directions of the parking team.
Can i bring my dog to the campsite?
No sorry. Wheels at Wanaka is a no dog zone, exhibitors campground included.
Where is the wheels at wanaka exhibitors only campsite located?
The exhibitors only campsite is 500 metres away from the event site, in a separate, fenced and managed location.
Entry is via the exhibitor entrance at 135 Ballantyne road (central machine hire).
Complimentary shuttles will run to and from the event during peak times.
Can i camp alongside my vehicle / trade stand set up within the event?
No. Camping will only be allowed on our designated camp site. security will lock the event gates overnight, to ensure the protection of the many valuable vehicles and vendors goods on site.
I'm an exhibitor/trade stall holder - how much does it cost to camp?
- $25 per person to camp for the whole Easter weekend.
- $10 per youth (13-18) or child (2 to 12 years of age).
- free for volunteers
Can I arrive on the day and pay?
No, Exhibitor Camping Passes must be purchased and paid for online before March 31st
Here for exhibitors: https://events.humanitix.com/wheels-at-wanaka-2023/tickets
Here for traders: https://events.humanitix.com/copy-wheels-at-wanaka-2023-trade-stands-markets-food-and-coffee-stalls
Here for tractor drivers club: members: https://events.humanitix.com/wheels-at-wanaka-2023-tractor-club/tickets
What facilities are available for Exhibitor campers?
- all sites are non-powered with simple ablution facilities and water provided.
- self-contained motorhomes, trucks or caravans are welcomed.
- lemon pie caravan will be onsite, providing hot breakfast and dinner options (Fri - Sun). they'll also be providing camp store items, be sure to show them your support.
Can i pre-book a specific exhibitor only camping site?
- No, sites will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- there'll also be no "saving sites" for friends.
- if you'd like to camp beside someone, please ensure you arrive together.
Can i book a powered exhibitor only site?
We're not kidding when we say this is a very basic campground, i.e. it's a paddock on a commercial business property.
- No powered sites are available, sorry.
When does the wheels at wanaka exhibitors only campground open?
- Camping will open for volunteers and those willing to help set up the show from Monday April 3rd.
- Camping for exhibitors and traders will open from Thursday April 6th (or by prior arrangement.)
Still have questions? want to check if you're eligible to camp in the exhibitors only camp ground?
get in touch via email: email@example.com